DIY St-Patrick’s Frosted Shamrock Glasses
@Home with Maddy
Project article and photographs
by Madeleine M Langlois, MaddyLane Designs
For the luck of the Irish
“Fun Frosted Shamrocks for a little Irish luck!” Go Green!
This super easy Saint Patrick's project is a fun way to add a little luck of the
Irish into your home. Irish themed shamrocks glasses and lanterns are perfect
for decorating, gift-giving or simply to enjoy!
Glass items are covered with shamrock stickers and then painted with frosted
green glass paint using a sponge, easy and no ticks! An amusing activity
ideal to entertain and do with your little leprechauns! This is an ideal project
do and entertain your children during the School break.
Hands-on time: Under 1 hour.
Total time: Add paint drying time 1 hour, full curing time 24 hours, baking
time 35 minutes to heat-set.
Skill: easy and kid friendly, recommended for children 5 and up.
Project cost: Under $15.00. (Recycle use glasses and items that you already
Materials & tools:
• Clear drinking glasses and glass planter container (glasses are available
home décor stores and dollar store. Glass planters are available at garden
• Newspaper or a plastic liner
• Shamrock stickers (available at art stores, office supply stores and dollar
• Vitrea 160 frost glass paint (water-based) by Pébéo (I used green, Mint 37)
• A paint tray
• Rubbing alcohol
• An oven to bake to heat set the glass paint
(Materials for this project are available at arts, craft and above mentioned